Social Media seems to be everywhere - Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Linkedin, YouTube, Yelp, flickr, Pinterest - and that is just the short list.
We all know that Social Media is dramatically changing our world as we know it. Still, Erik Qualman - keynote speaker on Gen Y and author of Socialnomics, Digital Leader and Crisis - has created a revised version of his Social Media Video that really makes one think! If you are not familiar with the term Socialnomics it is "Word of Mouth on Digital Steriods".
Here are just a few highlights from the Social Media Video 2013: (aka: Social Media Revolution 4)
- 1 Billion strong on Facebook - now even Grandma and Grandpa are on Facebook
- Over 50% of the world's population is under 30
- 1 in 5 couples meet online
- What happens in Vegas stays on - Facebook, Twitter, Google+ - you get the idea!
- For those marketing products, generation Y and Z consider e-mail a thing of the past
- Kindergarteners are learning on iPads, not chalkboards
- Every Minute 72 Hours of Video are uploaded to YouTube
- Power - New Yorkers received tweets about an east coast earthquake 30 seconds before they felt it
Today, any real estate agent you select needs to be tech savvy. I'm not just talking about email and faxing. They have to be able to communicate the way that you do from text to twitter. Your agent needs to have a high powered website were buyers can find not only your home, but a website that allowed the buyers to sign up for "Daily Emails of New Listings" so as soon as your home goes on the market they will know about it.
Call me - Jason Gracey of RE/MAX Vintage at (281) 376-2755 - when you are ready to sell your home or buy a home and see how much difference a tech savvy agent can make!