Seniors – you only have one opportunity each year to change your Medicare, Medicare Advantage or Part D prescription plan.
Open Enrollment – also called the Medicare Annual Election Period.- begins Oct 15th and ends Dec 7th and changes take effect on Jan 1, 2013.
Medicare.gov is a great source for information as is AARP.com. Click here to watch the video prepared by Medicare.gov (or copy this link: http://youtu.be/iQQJ7ry_H6k)
To help you determine the right plan for you, AARP has the following Articles and Tips:
- 12 Questions to Ask When Selecting a Medicare Plan
(or copy this link to your web browser: http://www.aarp.org/health/medicare-insurance/info-01-2011/understanding_medicare_your_checklist.html)
- 8 Things You Can Do During Medicare Open Enrollment
(or copy this link to your web browser: http://www.aarp.org/health/medicare-insurance/info-08-2011/eight-things-you-can-do-during-medicare-open-enrollment.html)
8 Things You Can Do During Medicare Open Enrollment*
- Switch from Original Medicare (Part A and Part B) to a Medicare Advantage Plan.
- Change from a Medicare Advantage Plan back to Original Medicare.
- Switch from one Medicare Advantage Plan to another Medicare Advantage Plan.
- Switch from a Medicare Advantage Plan that doesn’t offer drug coverage to another Medicare Advantage Plan that offers drug coverage.
- Switch from a Medicare Advantage Plan that offers drug coverage to another Medicare Advantage Plan that doesn’t offer drug coverage.
- Join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan.
- Switch from one Medicare Prescription Drug Plan to another Medicare Prescription Drug Plan.
- Drop your Medicare Prescription Drug coverage completely.
The best way to find your Medicare plan choices is to visit Medicare.gov. Or you can call Medicare directly at 800-MEDICARE (800-633-4227).
* 8 questions copied from the AARP website article 8 Things You Can Do During Medicare Open Enrollment
AARP also provides the following resources:
- The AARP Drug Savings Tool (available at drugsavings.aarp.org)
- The AARP Doughnut Hole Calculator, available at www.aarp.org/doughnuthole,
- The AARP comprehensive guide to Medicare prescription drug coverage found at www.aarp.org/health/medicare-insurance/medicare_partD_guide/
Be sure to sign up for the Medicare Open Enrollment Live Chat on Oct. 25 With Nicole Duritz, AARP Vice President, Health & Family
Click here to register to Join AARP at 2 p.m. ET on Thursday, Oct. 25, for a live online chat
(or copy this link to your web browser: http://www.aarp.org/health/medicare-insurance/info-09-2012/chat-with-nicole-duritz.html)
Whether you are thinking of Buying a Home in House or Selling a Home in Houston, call me – Jason Gracey your RE/MAX VINTAGE agent – at (281) 376-2755. Looking for a 55+ community – check our website: GreatHoustonProperties.com